Uh oh! Time has definitely gotten away from me! I was afraid of this. So, I've officially been in DC/Maryland for 5 weeks now...it's ridiculous how time flies. It's kind of on the scary side!
My dad and Beth drove up this weekend to bring a ton of my stuff and see the house (and me, haha). It was so great of them to drive all the way up here with a U-Haul and the ridiculous amount of things that I own...I cannot see the floor of my bedroom right now. I'm looking at it now and I see a vase, extention cords, a box of index cards, textbooks, hair products, cups...I could go on for days. So that's what I get to spend today doing. Yesterday, I took my dad and Beth to the National Mall and we walked around and saw all the monuments...it was a perfect night, nice breeze, cool, and pretty much at sunset. Couldn't have been better! We got back to the car just in time before it started raining. It was an extremely short trip for them because of all the driving..they left this morning to head back to GA. Thanks again for coming!!!
I definitely feel like i'm in the right place right now...it's safe to say this transition couldn't have been much easier. I know I still have a lot to do, but with finding a job and a house so quickly it reaffirms the fact that I'm supposed to be here. I've been going with the flow on a ton of things, and they've worked out great! My current goal is to get my CSCS (Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach) and work towards personal training. It's very possible for me to start PT at NIH within the next few months, which is awesome! For now, I'm on a one-year plan in Bethesda...but I have no idea what will happen. I think the unknown is a huge draw for me...I love not knowing where I'll be next, who I'll meet, and what will happen. I feel extremely blessed for everything working out the way it has, but I've also had great people helping me!
P.S. Aerobic Annie was back on Friday...and no, Annie isn't her real name.
P.S.S. Firemen have been at stoplights everywhere collecting $$$ for Muscular Dystrophy. Guess who is a sucker for saying yes, nonetheless to good-looking firemen? Yeah...you try and say no. I'm running out of cash...must avoid driving until they leave!
P.S.S.S. Got my first paycheck...feels pretty good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
erin ill teach you how to say no when i get up there :) haha
ReplyDeletehaha you get those firemen!! miss you!
ReplyDelete