
Margo's building...nice, huh??
Before I tell you how my job hunt is coming, I want to just list a couple things I've seen/heard in the past few days...there's no way for me to incorporate them into the story with any kind of smooth transition:
-I was on the metro (subway) the other day, when I got on the same car with about 5 or 6 Italian boys...all cute. They proceeded to talk about how many chin-ups each of them can do, while I am standing in the middle of them. To my disbelief, one of them actually started doing chin-ups on the metro! Luckily, the metro came to my stop and I walked off smiling/laughing to myself. If any of you have seen The Wedding Planner, you know what I am talking about.
-Saw a completely black squirrel carrying an acorn bigger than he was...not gonna lie, freaked me out a little. I was waiting for it to morph into something else.
-Wandered down Connecticut Ave. yesterday and found a Borders...interesting layout putting the kid's section by the adult restricted section.
-Searched online for the nearest Bank of America ATM and found one about 12 blocks away. I had time to kill so I decided to walk...when I was on my way back and about 1 block from the apartment, I see a BoA ATM...a little too ironic for my liking.
I wanted to keep you all updated on how my job search is going! After being in DC for a little over 2 weeks, I am really happy with the job prospects I have right now. I heard from the National Institute of Health this morning, and they said they have narrowed their search for the Fitness Specialist down to 2 and I was one of them! This job would be from 7am-3pm helping employees with fitness equipment, workout programs, possibly do fitness lectures, etc. So I should here the final word about that in the next few days! My other job opportunity, which I have pretty much already accepted as part time, is working with Just For Kids. It's a program run by this guy that teaches sports to kids. What could be better?? The classes are in the afternoons, so it wouldn't conflict with NIH...but in order to make enough money to make a living up here, I need both. So, John (founder of Just For Kids) called me this morning to tell me he ruptured his Achilles Tendon this weekend!!! Uh oh, turns out he needs a lot more help from me than originally intended. It would be kinda tough for him to teach kids soccer without being able to use one of his legs. So...if I do happen to get the Fitness Specialist position, it's going to be tough balancing the two but I am up to the task!
ahaha i love the stories!
ReplyDeleteErin... good thing you know a thing or two about soccer. I mean, this guy should know just what kind of asset he is got!
ReplyDelete