Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Windshield and a Tennis Match

So when I came to DC, I had a huge crack across the top of my windshield. Didn't think much of it because it wasn't obstructing my view and I thought I'd get around to it when I had some extra money. Come to find out that a law in the district states that you cannot have a broken windshield or it's ticket city!! So great...paranoid about getting a huge ticket. Long story short, I ended up getting a guy to come out and replace it on the street for a lot cheaper than taking it in! I would like to think I'm a good barterer, but it kinda happened by accident...oh well, I'll take what I can get! Embarrassing side note: when he was done I saw some black goo on the edge of the windshield...and since I'm 5 years old, I decide to touch it and this stuff would NOT come off! In fact, I think the tiny bit I touched spread into about a gallon. So I'm sitting here trying to pay him with all this goo on my hand that definitely was NOT supposed to be touched (and now I know why).

Exciting story of the day! Last night I got on Twitter and I follow Andy Roddick. He had a post that said he was giving away 150 free tickets at the Lacoste down in Georgetown the next morning at 11am. What?! My aunt and I have been trying to get tickets to this tournament all week! So I ride a bike over there a little before 10am because there is no way I'm missing out and I was about the 5th person in line....yeah!! Turned out not too many people heard about the giveaway, so I snagged 2! Going to see Andy play tonight, woohoo!!

Still working on finding a job...nothing too promising yet, but hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment