I'm starting this blog to keep everybody updated on what's going on with me and my life in Washington, DC! Hopefully I'll have some exciting stories to come!
My drive up here definitely was looooong. It ended up taking me 12 hours (6am-6pm) to get here! I hit some serious traffic after Richmond...and that killed me! Nearing the end of my trip, back stiff, legs falling asleep....sitting in traffic within miles of the VA/DC border. But, all in all it was an easy drive! I was so excited driving into the city...the first thing I saw, of course, was the Washington Monument standing in the middle of the city. I don't think that will ever get old to me.
My aunt, Margo, is letting me stay with her for a little while until I can find a job and place to live! How awesome is that? Not too much space in DC apartments (not too mention I brought way too much stuff), and she's letting me take up some of it! I haven't had much down time since I got here...we've always been doing something! I've already been introduced to the speed of city life/traffic and it's definitely apparent that I am a foreigner that's been living in small town GA for the past 4 years!...not to mention I haven't parallel parked in years and I've already done it a hand full of times! I should be an expert in a few weeks.
Lots of people to meet this week about jobs and such...wish me luck! I'll keep you updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome Back! We look forward to seeing you.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the job hunt! Love you!
ReplyDelete