...but the fire is so delightful. And since we've no place to go...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
We got a good bit of snow this past Saturday...it definitely was coming down hard. It still hasn't melted completely! I met a few people for brunch on Saturday morning, so I decided to take the metro since it was downtown. It takes me 15 minutes, give or take a few, to walk from the house to the metro station...I was all prepared in some good shoes, warm coat, scarf, gloves- I was good to go! Or so I thought...I was debating whether to take an umbrella or not. I'm thinking, "I'll be fine, I can just dust off the snow once I get there." Yeah...no. These snowflakes were GY-NORMOUS and melted the second they touched my head. I got to the restaurant with my head sopping wet. The best part? I went to dry off in the restroom looking for paper towels, hand dryer, something. They had a hand dryer, alright...only it's some new, advanced kind where only your hands will fit in it. Could not catch a break! I tried dangling some strands of hair in it, realized how ridiculous I looked, and left after drying 3 strands of hair. But, hey, lesson learned!
I think I've had some bad luck this week- all related to the weather in some way. Not a good sign seeing as it's only the beginning of December! I left the house yesterday morning to go to work...it was about 6:40am. I've seen Home Alone too many times to not be aware of ice on front walkways and stairs. I examined the 5 stairs leading down to the driveway...staring down the ice. I grabbed both rails with each hand, taking one step at a time. First step...I could feel how slick it was. My foot slid around a little bit, but I was fine...I had the rail. Second step...disaster. I started with my left foot to follow my first step....slid right out from underneath me. It barely even touched the ice! Fortunately, I managed a very ungraceful half-save. Somehow, I managed to hit the back of my hand extremely hard against the railing and came about 1 millimeter from banging my shin into the stairs. By that time, I "made it" to the bottom of the stairs and walked it off to my car...thankful that I'm the only one leaving at that hour. I still don't understand HOW I fell...I saw the ice, I was prepared. I'm ready for a rematch...me vs. ice.
THIS morning, another incident while leaving for work. The ice had melted off the stairs (thankfully, because I wasn't ready for my rematch yet). I made it to my car safely, BUT apparently Suze (my car), wasn't liking the cold weather either. Yep...her battery was dead. LUCKILY, my only other roommate that has a car was awake and she gave me a ride to work. When I got home today, she jumped it for me and I rode it around for about 20 minutes. I have a funny feeling Suze is gonna throw another tantrum tomorrow...just a feeling. We'll see what happens! I heard the weatherman calling for rain!
I'm so excited about going home for Christmas! I wish it could be longer than a few days. It's so hard to believe that Christmas is here already! BUT, it's my favorite time of year so I'm happy. Enjoy the rest of your ice-free weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ok i just read this and laughed. you should write a memoir of your life. i would buy it.
ReplyDelete