Monday, November 16, 2009

R is for Radon

I just made my first student loan payment today. I owe $100 every month until I'm 32...sad....day. Well, with the rate time is flying by now, I'll be 32 in the morning because I swear I was 12 yesterday.

I haven't blogged in almost a month and I don't know whether to update you from where I left off or start with the present. Hmm...I guess since I already told you about my giant shove into adulthood today, I'll go from there...

The weather was incredible here yesterday! It felt like Spring outside...definitely not mid-November. Dara, Sarah, and I decided to walk to the park to do some reading. Apparently, there's a park in our neighborhood that I had no clue about. Something good to know! Anyway, we found some bleachers by a baseball field to sit on (the ground was too wet). Both Dara and Sarah ended up on the phone, wandering in the outfield. So I donned my iPod and started listening to a little Michael Buble in the sunshine. I spent about 20 minutes watching a boy and his dad playing baseball...then another kid and father came to play with them and I spent another 20 minutes trying to figure out if this kid was a girl or a boy. Ultimately deciding it was a girl..because no parent would let their son have a bob haircut. The flat-billed Yankee hat (with the sticker on the bill) and the basketball shorts and shoes were throwing me off.

Saturday night, we had our first house party. It was a great success! Our house is actually great for parties...lots of open space, seating, a deck. We even made one of the rooms into a dance floor with a blacklight! Oh yes, we do it big. In honor of 4 of my housemates doing research (being scientists)...we had a themed party. It was an Element Party. You are probably thinking, "what is that?" I was right there with you, but it wasn't as nerdy as it sounds. Maybe a little, though. Everyone dressed up as a different element from the periodic table. I.........was Radon. I dressed all in black and had a flashing red light as a Radon Detector. We had a few Neons and Californiums, a Manganese, Florine, Potassium, Aluminum, etc. It was a lot of fun!.....don't judge me.

Last weekend, I went on a retreat with some women from the church I've been going to. We went to Ocean City, MD...google it...ah-mazing!. It was very laid back and low key...no schedule. There were 12 of us crammed into a 3-bedroom condo...talk about get-to-know-you time! I shared a bed with 2 girls I just met. One big weekend of bonding! Everyone took turns making a meal for everyone else...Sarah and I made tacos for lunch that Sunday. Can't go wrong with tacos! But other than eating, we watched some movies, walked on the beach, and had some great discussions. I believe I ate my weight in chocolate that weekend...that's what happens when you get too many girls together!

I'm gonna try harder to keep my updates more regular...I did so well at the beginning! That way I can give you more deets (details) about things.

Love and miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment